Sunday, November 1, 2020

100 Miles for November

I might be going overboard with ramping up my running. I decided to go for 100 miles in November. It's a little bit ambitious, and I'm not going to beat myself up if I fall short. It'll be interesting to see how running six days out of the week goes. I'm also interested to see if the short runs will get any easier by the end of the month (not sure if that's enough time to tell a difference).

In light of upping my weekly mileage, I've started to do "extra credit" at some of the workouts. Showing up early and getting one or two extra miles in before continuing with the workout or run. The biggest day was yesterday (Saturday) with 7.6 miles. I think that's the longest I've ever run.

I also signed up for the "Blue Ridge to The Beach" 475-mile challenge (virtual). Six months to complete 475 miles. If I'm already doing 100 in November, I think I can swing another  375 over the next five months. A bucket list item for me is to finish the Mountains to Sea Trail. This won't be quite the same, but it'll be fun to track the mileage along the route.

Lastly, some "housekeeping." I'm going to make it a point to do one post here a week on Sundays (rest day). It's easier to tally up the weekly stats that way. The consistency would be good for keeping track of progress/changes too.


Weekly stats:

  • Total Distance: 27.7 miles
  • Longest run: 7.66 miles
  • Avg Pace: 10:35
  • Weight: 189 lbs