Thursday, October 22, 2020

Goal: Half Marathon


I decided to run a half marathon. 

I've been running off and on for a little over a year now. It's grown on me. When I started off, and I couldn't even run a mile. I hated it. I won't say that I love every minute of it now, but I definitely don't hate it as much

Currently, I run 10-15 miles a week. My average pace is around 9.5 minutes. My goal for training for a half marathon isn't just to do a half marathon but to become a better runner all around. I'd really like to breeze through 5-mile runs and do a couple of 8-10 milers a week. And, of course, not be so winded at the end. 

The impetus for going for a half was that I got a new watch. A Garmin Instinct (it was on sale and a step up from my previous watch). I had been meaning to up my running game and saw that they had a training program featuring Jeff Galloway. He's a Raleigh native like me and his program made sense, so I went with it. 


Weekly stats:
  • 11 miles
  • 9.17 avg pace